Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component placement error in Allegro 16.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fidzi_1981

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello folks,

Allegro keeps giving me an error message everytime i try to Place Manually a symbol (6032 CAP)...the message says:
""E- (SPMHGE-82): Pin numbers do not match between symbol and component. Run dev_check on device file for more information.""

I have saved the *.dra file and *.psm along with the *.pad in the working directing of my curent design. Also, I changed the path of these location from the User Preferences.

This is a polarized CAP that has "P" and "N" as Pin names in the schematics in Caprture CIS and I named the pins in the *.dra file exactly the same and in the correct order.

The pins are electrical and NOT mechanical, i double checked this.

When I try to place the symbol, I can see the outline of the symbol but it does not let me to place due to the above message.

Please, anybody can help?

please reply to this post or to my email

fadiazrai@aol.com

Thanks

F

Hi,

Please match the pin# between your logic symbole and foot print pin#.

Bioth pin# should match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back