Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewey78

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've got a project in mind and found a component that would work well, but I want to learn more about it.
When I purchased it I was told it was called a Matrix or Crossbar switch. I bought it to review its capabilities, identify it and see if one is sold with more leads.
This component is 1 inch by ¾ of an inch black with white lettering. Manufacturer markings shows AMP and 8347. Along the length of the switch “top and bottom” are ten contacts with continuity between pins on the opposite side and are equally spaced at 0.1 for standard PCB boards The labeling is A through K with no “I”.
There are seven sliding dip switches that can stop at one of ten positions or detents top to bottom.
There are only five contact leads on each side left and right. The spacing for each side is the same 0.1 for PCB, but the left side overlaps the right side at half the spacing 0.05

Any ideas of what it is and where I can get more information about it. If it was not for having only seven sliding switches I would call it a 10x10. For my purpose I would want a 10x20.

Thanks for the help,

David

Hi,
The text can not explain what you have in your hand. Put a snap shot here.

Status
Not open for further replies.