Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component From A PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

etheboard

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some components from PCB:
This is the 6-pins component, the letters is JE:
**broken link removed**
green = pcb board,
grey = silver pins.
What is the meaning of the letters and numbers?
Also, similar component as above but different letters and numbers:
30 or 3O or 0E or OE,
and
BH or 8H or H8 or HB.
What is the meaning of these letters and numbers?
Another three components are:
8-pins, the numbers are 104.
**broken link removed**
no pins, no letters, no numbers:
**broken link removed**
third is no pins, j226:
**broken link removed**
What are they?
A capacitor?
A resistor?

Most of SMD components have a mark printed on. In semiconductor devices, usually there are two or three characteres, that tell what device it is. Unfornatelly, there's not a general standard, each manufacturer use their own markings. Howerver, there are some lists that sometimes may be useful, like this:
http://www.marsport.org.uk/smd/mainframe.htm

The 6 pin component: Maybe you can find it in that list, but you need to know what package is that. Looks like a SOIC, but I can't tell because there's no size reference on your picture. If you could measure the dimensions of the package, you can find what package is it, and maybe will be a little easier find who is that piece.

The 104 marking: Considering the marking '104', looks like it's about '100K' resistors. The issue is how many and how they are conected... Once I saw a package like this, and it was four resistors that have no connections between them inside the package. I'll bet on that.

The third one, without any marking, I could tell it is a capacitor, but just for this picture I can't tell. Small SMD inductors looks like capacitors too... Usually, capacitors and small inductors have no marking. Capacitors usually have dielectric colors that tend to 'yellow' or 'brown', while inductor's collors tend to 'grey'.

The last one, 'J226', looks like a diode. This is the same case of the first one: without knowing the size, the code is almost useless...

Well, but there's a way that I think is much easier to know what component they are. You can look at the PCB traces and draw the schematics. For example, the last one, that looks like a diode. If you take a look at the PCB, you can easily realize, by its connections, if is a 'normal' diode, or a zener diode. The same for that 'resistor bridge'. If you follow the traces you'll know how the pins are connected. By the first time, it will be very hard, until you get some practice.

Where I can buy these components online?

You'll need to know exactly what parts they are to buy them. You can try Digikey, Mouser or Farnell. They have a lot of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back