Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Complex permittivity and permeability measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendhell

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anybody have some VNA S-parameter measurements data of material samples in a waveguide or a coaxial sample/holder?
I'd like to test a piece of software I wrote to extract material properties from S-parameters measurement and I need some reliable measurement data to do it.

Another question, does anyone have a similar working piece of software? I'm very interested in discuss about the implementation.

Is there any free software tool for material properties extraction from VNA S-parameter measurement?

I've extracted εr and tanδ from some dielectrics , on waveguide environment.

Firstly I've performed very accurate spar measurement with a VNA and then I've put spar into a linear simulator (Genesys®).

Into the simulator I've created 2 circuits, the 1st was a network with the same measured spar, the 2nd was the physical model (waveguide, dielectric sample).

Into the model, the εr and tanδ was variable.

Then I've adjusted the variables until the 2 spectral traces became overlapped.

Accuracy:
As usual for all measurements , the most important keyword is the accuracy.
Given the VNA accuracy, human errors ( cable movements etc.) a typical estimation of accuracy is U(εr) = +/- 2% ( for 1.1<εr<3) U(tanδ) = +/- 50% (for 1E-4<tanδ<3E-3).

If You are interested contact me privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back