Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compiling C code in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i have a c code and i need to compile it in linux

hi ;
you can use kdevelop with gcc compiler
thx

ashi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you can use PGI or intel c compiler

You may already have a compiler. Try typing "cc --help" or "cc mycode.c" and see what happens.

ashi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
nearly Each Linux Distribution is shipped with GNU Compiler Collection (gcc) and I thinkg it would be the best choice to use to compile your C program.

there is gcc with each linux, try it.

gcc -o executable_file_name file_name.c

should compile simple c program. If you have more complicated application it should have a makefile. You will need to modify this makefile for your needs.

gcc is the best command for compileng and executing c files...just look for the manual pages for gcc....

man gcc

Goto Start->System Tools->Terminal & press enter
use command
gcc -c sachin.o(output file) sachin.c(input File)
or for an executable file
gcc -c -o sachin.exe sachin.c

There is a compiler. type "cc --help" or "cc (file name).c" and see what happens,
nearly in Each Linux there is GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) try to use Compile C programs that is best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.