Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compiler for PIC Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

awan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
compiler for pic microcontroller

Hi;

I have just started programming PIC microcontroller and need some help.

1- If someone can provide me with a compiler for PIC.

2- I have a ICSP cable and trying to load a HEX file. I am using IC-Prog for loading my program. The loading fails at verification on address 000h.

Please if someone can provide me with help on the above.

Thanks,

pic microcontroller compiler

I use picc-lite from ht soft.

You don't say which controller you're using; but Microchip has compilers for their 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit processors. All all free if you can deal with code optimization disabled.

hi,

2- I have a ICSP cable and trying to load a HEX file. I am using IC-Prog for loading my program. The loading fails at verification on address 000h.

Sounds like you are trying to use a JDM programmer ?
These are known to be problematical - you would be wise to buy a Microchip Pickit2 or clone like the Cruizer from **broken link removed** or build your own clone - plenty of details in this forum.

As GSM MAN mentioned all the Microchip compliers are free - but a lot of folk suggest you start with Microchips free Assembler ( part of MPLAB )as it helps gives you a better understanding of the chip.

I would suggest that you go with a high level language, C for example, so you can focus on the application of the chips, rather than the chips themselves.

C gives you much better portability of your code, as well as your skills learned on PIC, or other chips should you start with them.

I started with pic and are migrating to ARM and all I learned about PIC through C programming are useful with me on ARM. if I had used assembly on PIC, I would have to relearn that with ARM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back