Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compilation error in CoWare SPD (2006) on Ubuntu 7.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulkarni_saurabh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am running CoWare SPD (2006 version) on Ubuntu 7.04. However, when I try to run the simulation of even demo programs on the tool, I get a code-compilation error from the tool. Could you please help me in troubleshooting the error?

The sequence of steps that I follow is:

1. Start SPD : spd &
2. Load a design example : Reference Designs -->Interactive DSP Examples -->Frequency Response of a Variable Low Pass Filter.
3. Start a New Flow : Flows --> New Flow
4. Start Simulation : Flows --> Start

At this stage, various messages can be seen in the message window:

###################################################

Info Opened session 'isl_demo.freq_resp:sim_c_6' for active design 'isl_demo.freq_resp:system'.
Phase STARTED simulation of isl_demo.freq_resp:system for host localhost on Sat Mar 08 2008 16:19:49 [gsr/simStart]
Info Using home directory: /home/ubuntu
Phase Reading design data ... [gsr/readingDesign]
Phase Netlisting ... [gsr/netlisting]
Phase Scheduling ... [gsr/scheduling]
Phase Code generation ... [gsr/codegen]
Phase Code compilation ... [gsr/compile]

Error Code compilation failed with following messages ... [gsr/taskfail]
/opt/SPD2006_1/gnu/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/../../../../i386-redhat-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [freq_resp] Error 1

Phase FAILED simulation of isl_demo.freq_resp:system on Sat Mar 08 2008 16:20:05 [gsr/simFail]

###################################################

I think the above issue is because the tool is not able to find the lstdc++ package which is a part of g++ package.

Could anybody tell me a way to tell the tool where to look for g++ packages?
There is an option of setting environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the .bashrc file but it does not seem to work.

One more thing, I was not able to find this package lstdc++ on my machine. Could anybody tell me where this package is found?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Saurabh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back