Not open for further replies.

kulkarni_saurabh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am running CoWare SPD (2006 version) on Ubuntu 7.04. However, when I try to run the simulation of even demo programs on the tool, I get a code-compilation error from the tool. Could you please help me in troubleshooting the error?

The sequence of steps that I follow is:

1. Start SPD : spd &
2. Load a design example : Reference Designs -->Interactive DSP Examples -->Frequency Response of a Variable Low Pass Filter.
3. Start a New Flow : Flows --> New Flow
4. Start Simulation : Flows --> Start

At this stage, various messages can be seen in the message window:

###################################################

Info Opened session 'isl_demo.freq_resp:sim_c_6' for active design 'isl_demo.freq_resp:system'.
Phase STARTED simulation of isl_demo.freq_resp:system for host localhost on Sat Mar 08 2008 16:19:49 [gsr/simStart]
Info Using home directory: /home/ubuntu
Phase Reading design data ... [gsr/readingDesign]
Phase Netlisting ... [gsr/netlisting]
Phase Scheduling ... [gsr/scheduling]
Phase Code generation ... [gsr/codegen]
Phase Code compilation ... [gsr/compile]

Error Code compilation failed with following messages ... [gsr/taskfail]
/opt/SPD2006_1/gnu/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/../../../../i386-redhat-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [freq_resp] Error 1

Phase FAILED simulation of isl_demo.freq_resp:system on Sat Mar 08 2008 16:20:05 [gsr/simFail]

###################################################

I think the above issue is because the tool is not able to find the lstdc++ package which is a part of g++ package.

Could anybody tell me a way to tell the tool where to look for g++ packages?
There is an option of setting environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the .bashrc file but it does not seem to work.

One more thing, I was not able to find this package lstdc++ on my machine. Could anybody tell me where this package is found?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Saurabh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…