Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compensation Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

cqdevil

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For the two-stage op-amp, the usual compensation technique is to add Cc connecting second-stage input and output. Any other technique? what are theier advantages and disadvantages?

Hey

As far as I know, this is the most common method and the aim is to use the miller capacitance to move the poles to stabilize the op amp. It is however not necessarily about the first and the second stage.

Simple miller compensation suffer from weak PSRR. So usually current buffer or voltage buffer approaches are used. There are many different techniques u can read about them:

For 2 stage u can use:
1) dominant pole compensation
2) parallel compensation
3) simple miller compensation
4) simple miller compensation with zero nulling resistor
5) simple miller compensation with current buffer (cascode compensation)
6) simple miller compensation with voltage buffer
7) multipath miller zero cancelation
8) feedforward and others

Don't forget push "helped me" button for help

hai,

i think that capacitance is coupling capacitance. it is used for providing the multiple path for addimg one more pole in the denominator.

then automatically increased the stability.

If you know exactly the load, you can use the phantom zero compensation technique. The advantage is that you have higher gain until the UGW point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back