Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparing RTL and GLS (+SDF) simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

r6rr

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
i need to compare between RTL and GLS(+sdf) simulations, i have 2 fsdb files. when i try to use 'verdi' to compare by hand using a list of sevral dozens signals and to go back in the design hoping to catch the problem i fail completely. the design is too big and its just doesnt work.
now im trying to convert the fsdb files to vcd and hopefully to be able to comapre all the signals automaticlly (sevral hundred thousends) and to be able to catch the spot and signal from which the GLS goes wild..but i have issues with that as well...fixing the name hierarchys and im not sure how i'll compare and get only the relevant mismatches, e.g. only at neg edge (since im using SDF and not all differences are important) so i wanted to ask is there some preffered methodology for performing such a task?

10x.

Hey u can compare with verdi(nCompare tool)... if ur hierarchy matches in both the data bases..... they have tcl script where u can define ur rules ..like compare specific signals .... adding required delays to RTL signal .... You can refer nCompare user guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back