Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator circuit for ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

djc

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to analog circuit. I have to design a circuit for ADC input. ADC may b 10 bit or 8 bit. Now according to ADC input output of the circuit should be 0v from 1v-8v, and from 9v to 13v output should be 6 v flat. How to do that plz guide me.

First, you should declare what happen if the input voltage is between 8 and 9V, then define "0 volts".

I suppose ADC is connected to a microcontroller, so the problem is quite simple, if you already have a 6V supply on the circuit or more.

You need a divider on input, in order to reduce input voltage under reference voltage for ADC. Then, you compare your ADC value with value matching 9V (?) and update an output pin of microcontroller, driving a fet transistor with a drain resistor towards 6V source. If you don't need exactly 6V, you could put a 6V zenner diode betwwen drain and source.

There are a lot more possibilities... but you have to provide more details.

Thanx one, how about using a Op amp. take that output is 0 for 1v-9v input and 5v for 9v-13v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back