Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

compaq monitor s710 - failure after power down

Status
Not open for further replies.

piwo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
compaq monitor s710

Good day sir

Please sir i need your help. I have a problem with my monitor compaq s710 which went off after power faillure. And now when it is put on, the screen is lighted then goes off continously and power led is not lighted, thur it is on. From where can i start searching for the fault. And which components can i test.

thanks.

Re: compaq monitor s710

piwo said:
Good day sir

Please sir i need your help. I have a problem with my monitor compaq s710 which went off after power faillure. And now when it is put on, the screen is lighted then goes off continously and power led is not lighted, thur it is on. From where can i start searching for the fault. And which components can i test.

thanks.
first remove data cable of the monitor from PC and power it on if it glows or giving "check signal" message on screen that means your monitor is OK other wise contact service for monitor repairing. if monitor is working then your PC had some problem
give some details of your PC or check one short beep at the time of boot it shows your PC hardware is OK.

Re: compaq monitor s710

piwo said:
From where can i start searching for the fault. And which components can i test. thanks.
As the problem occured after a power failure, obviously there lies a fault in the power section. Regarding your second question, ...No one can pin point you the exact faulty component. You need to trace and measure all the volatges in the later said section. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back