Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Communitcation with RFID reader TRF7960, HELP HELP HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MohammadElwakeel

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
send commands to trf7960 rfid

Dear all,

I have a question and really could use your help.

At the moment I'm working on a project for RFID reader. I noticed that most of the RFID reader chips on the market are compatible with ISO14443 protocols, but they have a fifo buffer that holds the frames of the protocol. I mean, if I want to send a command like WAKEUP, or HALT, I will have to create the appropriate frame for the the command according to the ISO protocol and then transmit that frame to the fifo of the reader.

Is what I just said right?

if so, is there any library for functions that creates the frames for me, that is, for example function like this

*frame_ptr WAKEUP(void); // function that creates the frame for the command WAKEUP and returns a pointer to the frame

if there, could you please point me to them?

also is there a single RFID chip that does the framing for me, for example, if I send a byte 0xDB for example, the chip will initiate a wakeup sequence.

is there a single chip that can do this ?

thanks you so much, please I need your help as I'm very close to my graduation project delivery date.

reader for rfid trf7960

Hi,
you have to setup an array which holds the data that are sent to and received from the tag. If you describe your problem more in detail, I can probably help you.

Tom

I think the IC TRF7960 can make that for you in direct mode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.