Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Common practice to process message frames in microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

thranduil

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI all guys,

I had a problem to name this thread, cause it is rather broader topic. So, I have designed a board with ARM LPC1768 and 434 MHz transciever CC1000 from TI. What I want to do now is to make proper firmware structure.
As for the requirements, the receiver must be able to receive different frame types, with different encoding schemes, i.e., manchester, and diff. manchester.
My question now is how to implement, or what is the common practice in this kind of problems, preamble detection and the steps of message decoding after the preamble has been found.
My rough idea is to have some kind of buffer where I would store symbols and then to run loop every time the buffer is updated and to search for preamble pattern (but there are 4 or 5 types of preambles).

I hope somebody has more experience than me in this area and can provide some advices.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back