Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comments between the BuildGates and DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarhaur

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I want to choose one synthesis tool between BuildGates and Incentica's Design Craft (whose shell command is DC like). I am familiar with DC but BuildGates.

My understanding is that the timing path which is an object at the DC environment
can be extracted attributes. Users may get the clock's arrival time for each timing path to calculate the max/min skew time for a clock tree.

The BuildGates seems not to have this function.

Would you give me some comment ?

Is there any function that DC can do but the BuildGates not ?

Thank you !!!

I am not familiar with Designcraft but in my company they use Designcraft for logic

synthesis. I understand from Designcraft users that since Designcraft is similar to

synops*s DC and results are very consistent witht DC.For this reason they preferred

DesignCraft

I am not familiar Design craft. But BuildGate give a compatible result to design compiler. Cadence also announance new synthesis tools RTL compiler(RC). It is more powerful than buildgate and PKS. So you are choose RC. It is faster than Design Compiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back