Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combine results parametric sweep CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvenB

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am new to this forum so I hope what I do is correcty, otherwise excuse me.

The problem is as follows: In CST I did a parametric run of the slot-width of a simple lossy slotline calculating the s-parameter balance for each slot width. For each of this width, the balance is displayed from 25 GHz to 35 GHz as is seen in this picture.

balance_versus_frequency.PNG

The problem is as follows: I want to make a new plot displaying the balance versus slot width at a frequency of 30 GHz. So of each parametric run, only one value needs to be extracted at 30 GHz. I can not find a way to do this in CST. Does anyone know a solution or workaround for this problem without having to export all the files to MATLAB and interpolate all the parametric runs individually at 30 GHz? Because that is very time-consuming and I need to do make this kind of plot very often.

Thank you in advance!
Sven

Does anyone have any experience with making macro's in CST Microwave Studio Suite? I was thinking maybe in this section such a code automatizing this kind of post-processing can be developed.

I haven't used CST in the last time, but there should be a "template based post processing" that is able to get one value of a 2D plot.
You can try to use this to extract the value at 30 GHz.
In an older version there was a Macro function for a parameter sweep. This in combination with the template based post processing should be able to generate the plot you want.
I don't know how about the situation in a current CST version though.

Thank you for your help flanello, it is is indeed true that (in CST 2013) I can extract the value at 30 GHz from a single plot. However, as far as I know this cannot be done automatically for the entire folder containing all balances of the parameter sweep. Maybe this can be done with a macro, forming one table I could plot. I don't have any experience with this unfortunately. You have any ideas for constructing this macro? Or do you remember this procedure in the old version of CST?

Do you have pre installed macros or wizzards?
Search for a macro/wizzard "Compare multiple runs" and "Parameter + Mesh Study"

Reactions: SvenB

SvenB

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I didn't get it to work entirely but I think these are the functions I'll need. I'll try to get it to work next week. Anyway, thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back