Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

COM port of my FTDI C232HD-DDHSP-0 not recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, When i try and run COMM program with my as shown bellow it says that i dont have anything in COM1 although in location it says that my cable is at port0001 as shown bellow.
What Com is that?
Thanks.

1593775548789.png

1593775449372.png

1593775473966.png

You did not mention from what program you are opening the serial port, some programs show an extense list of several ports, regardless existing or not on your computer. The "Device Manager" gives you an indication of what ports are indeed present on the board.

Reactions: yefj

yefj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello Andre, Yes indeed it gives the indication as shown bellow by bith PUTTY or COMM dont have COM1 recognised.
as you can see bellow there is no COM ports at all
1593787282150.png

You did not mention from what program you are opening the serial port, some programs show an extense list of several ports, regardless existing or not on your computer. The "Device Manager" gives you an indication of what ports are indeed present on the board.

Please show the ports section of device manager. If there's no virtual COM port displayed for the USB cable, you have a driver problem.

yefj

Serial port 1 is located on the motherboard of the computer and is generally not connected, so it is impossible for you to open it for use. The important thing is that your screenshot is not correct, the serial port should be in the COM AND LPT of the device manager instead of the position in your picture

yefj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back