Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coil gun help my plizzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

dor0534

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know if I would use Condenser, Capacitor to load and then I will release the flow into COIL so it can burn my wires of COIL
Another question should ARUDINO to build GUN COIL?
And if someone can help me why I want to build more complicated

this is my coil

faHBWj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This looks as though it's an experimental project. The kind where you will experiment with different capacitor values, and charge it to different volt levels.

One cannot predict performance ahead of time.

As a rough idea, you'll probably need over 100,000 uF, in order to e noticeable magnetic force on a metal (ferrous) object held near one end of the coil. The force will last only for an instant.

There is a formula to convert capacitor charge to joules. A certain amount of joules will exert a certain amount of force on a metal object.

Do you really wish to burn the wires? Or do you wish to avoid burning the wires?

Have you tried an internet search to find websites where people tell about making their own coilguns and railguns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back