Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

COG LCD Module failure in Bush DAB radio!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris56000

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

Can anyone help me with this enigma please?

I picked up a Bush NE3160 DAB radio which works apart from the LCD being totally blank, and on taking the front panel to pieces I was distinctly annoyed to discover it was one of those tiddly ST7032-based COG LCD thingys (16 x 2 I presume!) and the '7032 had become unstuck from the LCD panel!!!

I could get one or two vertical lines of pixels by pressing on it but thats all!!! Has anyone ever had any luck trying to remake the bond to the LCD segments?

I've tried cooking it with a hot-air tool and pressing on the chip with the back of a screwdriver handle but got zilch!!!

I can find COG LCD panels on fleabay but not one with an 11-pin flexi-cable connection!!!

Can anyone offer me any possible type numbers or makes I can look up to find a replacement?

Also, is there a circuit diagram of these DAB radios known to be in exsistence? There's nobody offering these sets in bits - I looked!!!

Chris Williams

Last edited:

Hi!

Further to the above, the LCD is marked "FPC1602-021 A0" and is dated 2010-03-30 - from the 11 connections I assume its a 4-bit interface type (D0-D3, EN, R/W, +Vcc and 0 with one or two spare/unknown but I still can't match it up with anything - parallel ones have 14 pins, I2C ones only 7/8 connections so it's none of these!!!

Anybody any clues? It's silvery/white pixels on a dark blue transmissive background by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back