Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coding of FFT,cordic processor .

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhineet22

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fft cordic

hello friends
can any one suggest me how to write code for fft & cordic processor.means first i write in C or direct implement in verilog/vhdl.please guide me.

cordic processor

hi,

u could try out either way actually. the fft algorithm i guess u would know is available on different compromising parameters.. reg. power, speed, pipeline depth etc.. u could use ur desired architecture. u could refer to the "inside fft blackbox" by crc press for that.. incase u dont know..

1) u could implement the algorithm in C, then use "celoxica" a vlsi software which could be used to convert the C program to synthesisable VHDL/Verilog code. i havent tried workin on it.. but iu have seen in their home page. /http://www.celoxica.com

2) similarly, the software from mentor graphics, CATAPULT does the same thing, but in addition it gives the flexibility of getting the synthesisable codes for both ASIC and FPGA. i have tried very simple programs on this..

I would also like to say, this aint at first easy coz. u ll hav to spend lots of time in getting acquaintence with the environment. and moreover, they have specific commands in addition to the ordinary c++ program u would use... also, there are certain steps to be followed while writing the code. u must be a master peice in C coding.. then it would be easy. nevertheless, u would enjoy workin in it.

and the otherway, writing direct VHDL code... reg. that.. there are many open cores available at www.opencores.org... u could check them out. incase, u have some specified architecture which u feel u would like to implement to compromise on some parameter.. then pls post it.. so that any help could be rendered.. hope the reply was usefull... :)

/cedance

Sir,

I am doing project based on the cordic processor, for that I am in need of the vhdl coding for the cordic processor. pls send the vhdl coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.