Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coding Gain for M-ary QAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bts_dev

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All !

Plz enlighten me regarding the foll -

i m trying to simulate a tx-rx chain consisting of an RS encoder followed by an adaptive bit loading QAM & thn IFFT. nOW I want to calculate the relation between Eb/No & Es/No. How does one account for the gains in adaptive M-ary QAMs? Plz help out.

bts_dev said:
Hi All !

Plz enlighten me regarding the foll -

i m trying to simulate a tx-rx chain consisting of an RS encoder followed by an adaptive bit loading QAM & thn IFFT. nOW I want to calculate the relation between Eb/No & Es/No. How does one account for the gains in adaptive M-ary QAMs? Plz help out.

hi
which softare you use?
MATLAB ...?

Some points are not clear in your question:

1. comparison of Eb/No and Es/No doesnt give you coding gain. Comparison of any one of these with and without the RS gives you coding gain.

2. The QAM doesnt contribute to any coding gain. Are you talking of bandwidth reduction in comaprison to some other modulation scheme?

3. Eb/No Vs Es/No is usually a fixed relation. You could calculate the probability of symbol error given probability of bit error. However, this has no relation ot coding gain.

-b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back