Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cobol editor for visual studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastageek

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Are there any free ones that I can get so I can write COBOL in my project? Even if it is obsolete, I really don't have any money to spend on compilers.

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Also are there any like that for FORTRAN as well?

can you give some more info?

do you require editor for cobol ?
or compiler ?
same for fortran ?
and why visual studio ?

can you give some more info?

do you require editor for cobol ?
or compiler ?
same for fortran ?
and why visual studio ?

A visual studio IDE plugin would be ideal for both, though I did find a dot NET version of Lisp with an IDE similar to VS. Even that is acceptable. Yes I do want an editor, but it would be nice for the editor to have the compiler in it. Basically I want to be able to write in several .NET languages. Net Express with .NET - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com I thought would be good, but no, It won't install.

I already have a good lisp editor for the .NET and I've finally found one for FORTRAN, the Silverfrost one for fortran 95, but I still can't find a good one for cobol since the the one from download.com doesn't work.

the current scintilla based scite has cobol highlighting.
in addition , already fortran and 10 to 20 other language options are available.

as i said in my earlier post , this one editor can be used for most of the languages and you can have a compiler of your choice and make an ide by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back