Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coaxial feeding for a bowtie antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek3790

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am following this paper.

in this since there is no substrate is used i assumed the thickness of the antenna to be like a plane. now i want to feed using coax then the bottom surface is connected to ground snd the upper triangular shape has been connected to the feed. on doing this i am getting the error - needs terminal between 1 and 25.

also is it possible to bend the structure in hfss. i have used a simple triangular sheet instead of using the bend structure.

regarding the feed :
- i made a hole of rad = 1mm on the ground , made the inner conductor of the coax to be 1mm. and connected this to the tip of the triangles.
- substrate rad = 2mm (did subsrate - inner conductor with cloning)
- outer conductor rad = 2.5mm (did outer conductor - substrate with cloning) connected to ground.

Attachments

• 05996567.pdf
    609.2 KB · Views: 140

uploaded the design. not made a bend geometry

Attachments

• bow_te_antenna_uwb.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 111

ok I was able to solve that error but th e actual paper has a geometry that is bend (curved surface) . So is there a way by which it is possible to this in hfss? I am not able to find any option in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back