Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coax to waveguide transition-HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotmanlens

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss+coax+waveguide+transition

i am tryin to build my horn antenna array.i have two things which arent letting me get ahead .

1.since its an array my gain doesnt seem to be increasing with the increase in the number of horns.(note:its not a corporate fed array,horn are individually fed).

2.waveguide to coax transition.tried different probe sizes and did a optimetric analysis for the position of the probe.finally what i have is at the end of the my S11 is close to 0db.

all this has been done in hfss. if anyone has any input to this i would really appreciate it.

regards
sajid mohammed.

coaxial to waveguide transition

i figured the gain part.does anyone has any input for the coax to waveguide transition and viceversa.

thanks in advance.

sajid mohammed.

coax to waveguide transition ads

anymore papers will be hugely appreciated.

sajid mohammed.

waveguide+transition+hfss

s11 near 0 dB indicates a failure in the coax to waveguide transition. Separate the issue into parts. Work on the transition. Then work on the array elements using a modal wave port. Size the waveguide for your operating frequency. Finally when you have the parts working put them together and now you can work on the array.

coax to waveguide

array elements have been worked already.all i am left with is the transition.which seems to be the toughest part.i learnt that the coax transition will include a monopole at operating frequency.and been working as such

if u guys have any papers that would be recommendable to this problem will be highly appreciated.

sajid mohammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back