Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coax high-pass filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

omauser

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is best Coax high-pass filter designer software?
Filter bandpass is 3-13Ghz.

Hi,
I'm loolking for uhf coax filter information!
Cen some1 help!
please!
Best,

Genesys

Genesys does coax filters, but not high pass. You will have a problme with these because they require gaps between sections of the center conductor. This causes some physical design problems. You could do a band pass.

Hi

The Filter Solutions vers 9 from Nuhertz can handle coax lines to implement a any filter.
You can freely downoad a demoversion at **broken link removed**

Regards

Mike

It all depends

The traditional meaning of coaxial filter is a coaxial transmission line with the center conductor having different diameters at different locations. This was invented around 1943. A mcirostrip version using the same theory has lengths of lines of different widths (impeances) in tandem.

The Nuhertz program does transmission line filters which uses lengths of lines connected together in different ways. These can be any form of line including coaxial cables. I use an older version of this program and prefer it to all others for passive filters.

Filter Wiz Pro is the best active filter program I have found.

What is your reason of using only "coax" HP filters ?
You can place e.g. a microstrip HP filter in a coaxial-like holding structure too.

Hi
PCFILT from ALK Engineering can design a coaxial HP fILTER.
Go AKLENG site and try demo. Most filter companies (K&L, Trilitic, etc ) use this software it is quite cheap and the support friendly.

three problems with ALK

The PCFILT demo has several problems for this design.

1. The demo is limited to bandpass filters around 800 MHz

2. The manual only shows low pass and band pass filters as the available types.

3. E-mail to them is bounced so that they are probably out of business now.

Hmmm....Sure thing.
I don't suppose do lubricate, if I use Suspended Substrate filter type?
If I could do enough broad?
What is this good designer software?

flatulent is right. E-mail to ALK eng comes back as not known address. Probably they are closed down.

Hello everyone,
I'm involved in a study of squared and rectangular coaxial components.
Can anyone give me a reference about it?
I'm implementing the above structures by CST but I'ld need
some design formulas...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
Lupin

Interests:
Microstrip (slotted) antennas, Phased arrays, microstrip and stripline components

Status
Not open for further replies.