Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Co simulation of verilog of system C

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix_24

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence ncsc

Hi

please share any info regarding the topic,how to start with cosimulkaton?what are the basic requirements to cosimulkate HDL with system C . what interface one should look for this purpose

Just get a simulator that will do both SystemC and Verilog. I've used both Modelsim and Aldec for this.

The interface is simple...you just instantiate the SystemC piece as a verilog module in your testbench. Your simulator should come with a bunch of examples of how to do this.

Samir

use cadence ncsc simulator

is there any doc/example to state how to do it step by step ,

i tried it this way say we have system files sys.cpp a cpp file where i am having an PLI interface with HDL and an i/o function which controls the output in sys.cpp . i co mplie/link this cpp files into an .so and then provide this to the simulator in run time {using modelsim }.??? it failed do to some undefined symbols during complie time and hence resulting in error while loading the design

any suggestions ???

Regards
NIX

All of the help documents of the simulators that support co-simulation have the information that you need, for example , about the interface.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back