Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+CMS ERROR: 515 - Sim340dz

Status
Not open for further replies.

vico3000

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at+cgatt=1 error

Hi, We're desperate, any help will be very appreciated.

Our module (Sim300_EVB with Sim340dz) is seems working fine for some time, we can send an SMSs and work with GPRS, but after some time, when we try to send an SMS we receive the following error (+CMS ERROR: 515), please note that no matter what we do, nothing helps to come back to the working state in which we can send SMSs, the strange thing that GPRS works, and moreover if we insert our SIM (we use USIM -) to some regular cellphone and we send 1 SMS from it, and inserting the SIM back to the module it starts sending SMSs and works great for some time, after sending some ~20 SMSs we start to receive the same error!

here some simple log:
=====================
RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

Call Ready
OK
AT
OK
ATE1
OK
at+creg?
+CREG: 0,1

OK
AT+CMGF=1
OK
AT+CSCS="GSM"
OK
AT+CSMP=17,167,0,241
OK
AT+CMGS="+XXXXXXXXXXXX"
> This is an experimental SMS test that is sent to you from SimCom board. [Ctrl-Z]
+CMS ERROR: 515

=====================

We saw in some places that this error could mean:
"please wait, service is not available,
initialisation in progress".

Also this kind of answer may be returned by the modem in several
circumstances:
· when trying to execute another AT command before the
previous one was executed to the end.
· when swapping from (or to) ADN to (or from) FDN and
trying to immediately read the concerned phonebook;
· when giving the +CPIN? command (SIM Status) just after a
SIM insertion and before the modem could execute a valid
SIM Card logical session.

But as far as we understand we don't make any off the above errors...
The USIM card is new and seems to be inserted correct. we tried to restore the default settings by: at&f, not helps. The destination number is correct and was replaced to some others cellphone numbers, not helps. The SMSC number is also checked.

here is the at&v command:
=================
at&v
ACTIVE PROFILE
E: 1
L: 0
M: 0
Q: 0
V: 1
X: 4
S0: 0
S2: 43
S3: 13
S4: 10
S5: 8
S6: 2
S7: 60
S8: 2
S10: 15
+CRC: 0
+CR: 0
+FCLASS: 0
+IMODE: 0
+DR: 0
+CMGF: 1
+CSDH: 0
+ILRR: 0
+CRLP: 61,61,128,6,0,3
+CMEE: 1
+CBST: 7,0,1
+IFC: 2,2
+ICF: 3,3
+CNMI: 2,1,0,0,0
+CSTA: 129
+CSCS: "GSM"
+IPR: 115200
+DS: 3,0,512,20
&C: 1
&D: 2
+CCWE: 0
+CDTX: 0
+CTZU: 0
+CTZR: 0
+CV120: 1,1,1,0,0,0
+CEXTHS: 0
+CEXTBUT: 0
+CSMINS: 0
+CMUX: 0
+CCUG: 0,0,0
+CLIP: 0
+COLP: 0
+CCWA: 0
+CAOC: 1
+CLIR: 0
+CUSD: 0
+CSSU: 0
+CSSI: 0
+CDIP: 0
+CSCLK: 0
+CIURC: 1
+SCLASS0: 0
+CSDT: 0
+CMIC: 2,2
+ECHO(NORMAL_AUDIO): 0,0,0
+ECHO(AUX_AUDIO): 0,0,0
+SIDET(NORMAL_AUDIO): 4096
+SIDET(AUX_AUDIO): 4096
+CLCAL: 1
+CCPD: 1
+CMTE: 1
+CSCA: "+972521100059",145
+CSMP: 17,167,0,241

OK

=================

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks.

+cmte:-1 at gsm

i have the same problem "+CMS ERROR: 515"
do you find any solution ??

cms error 515

Hi, b_esk.

Please try to deattach the GPRS (if it's attached):
==============================
at+cgatt?
+CGATT: 1

OK
at+cgatt=0 // some times replies with error for the first try...
ERROR
at+cgatt=0
OK

at+cgatt?
+CGATT: 0

OK

==============
Reset the board and try to send some SMS, please let me know whether it helps or not.

sms error 515 sim300

b-esk normalmente ese error lo da cuando por una u otra razon del operador de telefonia celular no te permite enviar mensajes de texto.

sim300 +cmee error 10

When asked the same from SimCom they suggest having interlocks before sending any sms.

when asked what interlocks are: they suggested that checking networking registration, sim status etc etc which can be related would be very helpful in avoiding this error

Surya

Hi vico3000, i'm using the same module, and getting the same problem. Have you found any solution to this issue. If yes please update.

Best Regards
Jamshid

very very confused~~~~

i'm using the sim300c, text model is ok,but pdu,

i recive"cms error 515"whe use the hyper terminal,

Dear idterminator, have been working on the sim300 series for a while now. and have came accross the same problem only with the Sim300C, you may use the equivalent version in the same series being Sim300CZ...this module does not hang up while communicating, have also consulted with the engineers at simcom and they've also mentioned that the sim300cz is best for industrial applications and the sim300c does come with this problem and is only best suited if packet data service is to be used.

Best Regards
Jamshid Dastur

Reactions: princez

princez

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i m getting the same error.. actually i am trying to send SMS over GPRS link. following is the command sequence i am following.

AT+CGATT=1
AT+CGSMS=0

AT+CMGS="number"
>message ctrl z
+CMS ERROR 515

CMGS is working fine with when at+CGSMS=1 and 3

i thought there is some problem with gprs, but i used the same SIM card in my mobile phone and access GPRS. can't figure out whats the problem. please help.

i am using this modem,
**broken link removed**

Did you use AT+CGSMS=? command to query available SMS services. Most likely, GPRS SMS service isn't available

yes i used at+cgsms=? command and it returns +CGSMS: (0-3) . I think my modem's GPRS is nor working properly, can you please tell me how to make a simple test to check if GPRS is working properly or not?

Try with a different simcard of another cellphone company

I was getting the same error and it was driving me crazy. Turned out that I accidentally was trying to send a character not supported in text mode. ie I was trying to send a text SMS (not PDU 8 bit), and tried to send 0xF0. This caused error 515. Put some extra protection to safe guard for this.

We can try to change the center number of SMS with "at+csca=".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back