Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS transistor pair mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

invent

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
kinget mismatch

I have been studying through simulations the effects of transistor pair mismatch for op-amps and comparators. Books that i have come across so far have only mention about effects about mismatch on the differential pair. How can I get more information on the effects of mismatching other transistor pairs?

Hi

I really can't underestand what you mean of other transistors pair. what is your application?

Sorry for not being clear. The transistor pair I am refering to are any pair or transistors in the op-amp which are equal size. For example current source. Hope you can help.

Hi
I think the main effects of mismatch can be seen on the differential pairs.
regards

each mismatch in opamp (differential pair, current mirror) will create an offset referred to the input (or output) of the amplifier after the chip has been fabricated.

There can be this paper will useful.

Peter R. Kinget - Device Mismatch and Tradeoffs in the Design of Analog Circuits
IEEE JOURNAL OF SOLID-STATE CIRCUITS, VOL. 40, NO. 6, JUNE 2005

h**p://www.cparity.com/jpdfs/ieee/ssc/jssc/2005040/06jun/1212king.pdf

invent

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back