Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS opamplifier Design in 0.18micron technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

calculus_cuthbert

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CMOS Amplifier Design

Hi,

I need to design a differential to single ended amplifier with negative feedback (to control the gain). The input is a differential signal so i need both terminals

The simplest would be a diff pair but how do i implement negative feedback because i need to use both the input terminals?

I thought about a few options:

1. Designing an opamp and then using resistors to build a difference amplifier
2. The input impedance may be a problem if i use a difference amplifier, so may i need to design an instrumentation amplifier.

Is there a more elegant way to implement controllable gain differential to single ended converter?

I need to start designing soon, I would really appreciate if someone could suggest ideas.

Thank you.

CMOS Amplifier Design

I would design the buffer with two amplifiers: the first one implements the gain (fully-differential to fully-differential), the second one does the fully-differential to single-ended conversion.

Re: CMOS Amplifier Design

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Could you explain in a little more detail please? i didn't quite follow your suggestion.

Another thing to add is that the differential signals are pretty high, the amplitude is 300mV and I don't want too much gain.. ideally around 15dB

Also in order to control the gain I would require some kind of negative feedback. How do I implement this feedback if I have differential signals?

Re: CMOS Amplifier Design

Look up at the block diagram of an Instrumentation amplifier. (Google it up)

CMOS Amplifier Design design in 0.18micron technology

hello
i need a 2-stage cmos opamp design in 0.18u technology.............
is there any body to help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back