Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS opamp design procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mission

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody contribute a design tutorial with step by step design procedure for CMOS differential opamp in Cadence design environement. Looking for layout design guidelines also.

Can anybody contribute a design tutorial with step by step design procedure for CMOS differential opamp in Cadence design environement. Looking for layout design guidelines also.

Did u find any response to this....did u find the process it would be very helpfull if u can forward me the same i am looking for it too

Look at the book from Sansen, Analog_Design_Essentials, cap. 5 and 6.

Bastos

Allen`s CMOS Analog Circuit Design

That book explains very well

there are a lot of things you need to take care of while designing an op amp circuit.e.g. its topology,values of W and L of MOSFETs and others. Here is a document to help out beginners with Cadence........I believe this will help a lot....

Attachments

• Tutorial_Cadence.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 409
in first place, you need to define which topology of operational amplifier you want to design.
a differential pair, two-stages, cascode?? other?

see this:
MOS operational amplifier design-a tutorial overview
ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/4/22586/01051851.pdf

Reactions: juneja

juneja

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you need read the allen's book first

If you are looking for simple opampdesign you can refer allen chapter 6 their he has explain the steps for doing design. But if you are targetting some specs or some application the approach would be slight different. Do let me know what is your target or the design aim.
pankaj

allen's book will give good analysis with example.

I have to find the working point of a 4-Stage OTA ....... But i dont understand how do i choose W an L to size the MOS ..... Can you help me, please

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the book from Sansen, Analog_Design_Essentials, cap. 5 and 6.

Bastos

do you know a web site where i can dowload this book?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I have to find the working point of a 4-Stage OTA ....... But i dont understand how do i choose W an L to size the MOS ..... Can you help me, please

[

Hi,
Please share the specs for your opamp and the schematic to understand. After looking your schematic and specs I can guide you how to fix W& L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back