Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS Layout Interview Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit_singh1

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
-- Posted this in the job section, nobody seems to be replying --

Hi All,

Could anybody tell me what kind of questions are generally asked from Digital CMOS layout during a job interview ? I have an upcoming interview coming up for design engineer and there is a dedicated session on layout.

Any help is highly appreciated.

TIA

I suppose you might have to concentrate on DRC rules such as spacing between metal layers, Antenna violations, Electro-migration , usage of vias--single and multi cut..,

Classic questions on Inverter characteristics, Secondary effects of MOSFET will be always there

Best Wishes

Hi Rohit.

pavan is right. You should concentrate on DRC rules based question. Few of the Basic question which I usually ask during interview is mention in the following blog. Have a look on these question. These Questions are very easy but sometime we mis to prepare these.
VLSI Questions: DRM Related VLSI interview questions

They can also ask about the Extraction based question. Check following blog for that.
VLSI Questions: Spice model Based Vlsi Interview Questions

If you are lokking for Basic understanding about the CMOS (which Might you already know), you can refer following blog...

VLSI concepts: CMOS LOGIC BASIC

Let me know if you need anyother kind of Help.

Best of Luck

Wow. This is great stuff. Thank you so much birdy and pavan. I am currently going through the book IC Mask Design by Chris and Judy Saint, but in no time, I am going to look into those questions and I am quite sure I have to get back here regarding answers to some of them.
(Actually, it would be great if you could post the answers too, that would save us from digging through books and internet - although I do agree that digging makes us learn more:) )

Thanks again.
Rohit

Hi Rohit,

Sure I will try to compose the Answer of these questions and let you know ASAP. But still I will suggest to use your experience of answering these questions. because the few of them are very tricky (tricky in the sense .. if you have worked over these then its very easy to understand :) ), but still I will try my best.

Hey Birdy,

That works! Thanks again.

--Rohit

Nice post birdy...really very good. Thanks for sharing.

All the best rohit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back