Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS Class-D amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim888

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm working on power class-d amplifier now and I need a help.

Basically I want to ask about some literature or tutorials, how to design a switches for class-d amplifiers, I checked all main book, but did't find anything what can help me.

Maybe someone who has experience with this topic, can just share information.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Vadim -

There are several different "layers" to the design of switches - are you asking about designing at a schematic level, or layout level (metal/via layouts to achieve low Rdson and satisfying EM rules, sense device design, bond pads locations, etc.), or basic device level (doping profiles, process integration, optimizing resistance vs breakdown voltage, etc.)?

Are you using any of the foundry technologies? If so - your foundry should provide you with some basic design/layout ideas...

Max

thank you for your replay,

layout isn't an issue for me, I meant schematic design.

I am not a circuit designer, but...
The important parameters for MOSFET switches are - on resistance (Rdson), breakdown voltage, and gate charge.
So, I would think that one would choose a transistor transistor satisfying the application requirements.

This link provides some baisc ideas on this:

http://www.irf.com/product-info/audio/classdtutorial.pdf

Or are you asking about something different? - then, please clarify...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back