Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] cmos circuit for convection of oscillator waveform into pulse or square waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debasish_Halder

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I convert a oscillator waveform (0.4 v amplitude ,500hz)shown in the pictures into pulse or square waveform. kindly suggest me any cmos ckt that can be run in 0.4 V supply voltage for this conversion. WP_20150511_05_33_24_Pro.jpgWP_20150511_05_33_54_Pro.jpgWP_20150511_05_34_15_Pro.jpgWP_20150511_05_33_28_Pro.jpg

How can I convert a oscillator waveform (0.4 v amplitude ,500hz)shown in the pictures into pulse or square waveform. kindly suggest me any cmos ckt that can be run in 0.4 V supply voltage for this conversion.View attachment 117366View attachment 117367View attachment 117368View attachment 117369

Hi,

You can easily use a comparator Like LM293 , LM339, LM319, ... etc. These comparators have open collector output, just a pull-up resistor to your desired voltage like 15V, 5V or 3.3V.

You can compare the voltage with 0V (GND) or if you want you can use 2 comparators as a window detector (for Example +0.1 , -0.1V). Check their Datasheet for Many Interesting Circuits.

LM293 Datasheet
LM339 Datasheet
LM319 Datasheet

Last edited:

Comparator circuit can provide a solution to you.

but 0.4 v comparator ie. sub-threshold comparator will not give a perfect square wave from the above waves.

Can I use cmos sub-threshold schmitt trigger with 0.4V supply? is that give a perfect square ?

Comparator circuit can provide a solution to you.

Hi,

It seems that i missed something :

your Power Supply voltage is 0.4V or Your input has 0.4V amplitude?

if your input voltage has 0.4V amplitude, there will no problem using comparators like LM319, ...etc

BUT if your power supply voltage is 0.4V , simply i don't know! it seems to me that this is some part of IC design and i think you should ask your question in IC Design Section.

Well thank u so much friends... I have done it. By the way my waveform is generated from a 0.4 V supply voltage oscillator circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.