Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS CG LNA with cross coupling technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweeety

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
why should we bias gate via resistor when we r using cross coupling technique??

thank u...

Hey pavel !!

I attached the file...thts the basic schematic which i started with...sorry for late reply though...

thank you...

Attachments

• Screenshot-10.png
    Screenshot-10.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Hello, sweety
you feed gates of NMOS with rf signal - so they must be separated from bias circuitry through resistors (or chop inductors) - as in your schematic.
Just for curiosity, can you tell me smth of advantages of this schematic? Enhanced gain?

Best regards.

hello...

thank u...but iam not still completely getting it..in the schematic..the input ie., rf signal is feed through source...but by cross coupling we r feeding the ac signal from one source to another gate.
If the resistor is not placed..the signal which is fed from source goes to gnd instead of gate??? ....is it right ??

well...their is a degradation of NF approximately 2times compare to normal CG lna..and consumes 2 times less current..

Regards...

Hello !

Yes, you are right - the signal goes to gnd instead of gate.
Thank you for your explanation.

Regards...

Status
Not open for further replies.