Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cmos 3mA current mirror by using pmos-transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.sivakumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body

this is sivakumar from GDA Technologies ltd .I am working as analog designer.Now I am designing pmos current mirror ,So I need some help from analog designers that is ,is it possible to design 3mA (huge) current mirror by using p-mos transistors.If any one knows regarding current mirror.I hope that you
will be helpfull to me.

Thanks &regarding
P.sivakumar
p.sivakumar@gdatech.co.in
GDA Technologies ltd
Bangalore
India
Mobil number 09886440705.\]

it is OK to design 3mA current mirror by using pmos.
because the current is a little high, choose the suitable w/l of the transistors. also, check the number of contact, width of metal for current density.

BTW, are the transistors connected to PAD? if yes, follow the ESD rule.

In this case I think using BJT is better than CMOS

Else try BiCMOS

PMOS current mirror with load current 3mA is OK. But the point is what is this current for! You better concern about this more than using bipolar or CMOS current mirror.

you can shut many mos transisters.only one is bad design

PMOS can handle 3mA of current, but fingering is highly desired in the layout to alleviate realibility issues. Hope this helps.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back