Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS 0.13um Process for RF, Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet1

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
yield and 0.13um

Hello,

I am looking for process information on CMOS 0.13um process technologies for RF and Analog Circuits. Questions like why I would use 0.13 vs. 0.18, any documentation anyone has on these processes, papers, thesis or whatever, inductors, capacitors, varactors, and so on.

Thanks

0.13um process是否有pip capacitor

I think you will find little difference between anaolgue 0.13um and 0.18um. They will both use 0.30um (or more) transistors and layout. The advantage will be in layout (IO area, IO voltages etc) but little else.

ft of 0.18um cmos process

You may also find differences in passives such as MiM caps and Inductors (i.e., higher Q and/or cap/um^2)

nathan

How about DRC errors? As the technology gets smaller and smaller, layout gets more and more difficult. That's just my experience.

How about the difference of MIM cap between 0.13um and 0.18um cmos?
I remember it's around 1f/um^2 for 0.18um, how about 0.13um?

GDF said:
How about the difference of MIM cap between 0.13um and 0.18um cmos?
I remember it's around 1f/um^2 for 0.18um, how about 0.13um?

1fF/um^2 is very good in MIM capacitor. Usually this 1fF/um^2 appears in PIP capacitor in 0.35um or even "mature" technology.

0.13um, based on my information is around 0.8-1fF/um^2
Unless some foundary already adopted High-k dielectric :D

what about via reliability? Do you have to put two vias everywhere in 0.13?

i remember one phD student in the berkeley said, for the 0.13um process, using 0.3um for the analog design is a bad choice. If in that way to abtain enough gain, why do not use 0.3um directly? As a designer, should overcome the low self gain problem and utilize its high ft advantage

Well, 0.13 for sure will yield better matching at the same size, but is strange to use an expensive process and take only one of the advantages it offers. Of corse you should use minum length trasistors to get a good perfomance, and this is what designers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back