Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMFB design help for the class AB output stage current mirror OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friend

I am designing a fully differential amplifier for the first time. I would design the CMFB for the OTA shown in image below

73_1347637568.jpg

I would use continuous time CMFB, while all the references I have only discussed the SC CMFB for this circuit. If any one can help me I will be thankful for him

Enjoy

Thank you erikl

But actually I dont want to use the resistors in my design since it take a lot of space and I am not intending to design a buffer for driving the small one . rather I would like to use the Differential CMFB shown in the image below but my problem I dont know wherew should I connect the F.B signal with this OTA circuit

100_1347877102.jpg

Thanx again

Vcmc (common mode control) is the F.B. output. Connect it to both CMFB inputs of your OTA.

hi, but i think for the class AB output stage this kind of CMFB is not good, it has the linearity problem at large signal swings, I prefer to use resistive one for continous time output stage CMFB.
can you tell me which paper is that talks about SC-CMFB for class AB output stage? i think it's very hard to get high CMFB gain for that 2nd stage to use SC CMFB.
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.