Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Closed" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barry

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Maybe a little nit-picky, but why are all OPEN threads marked as CLOSED? What's even the point of adding the "CLOSED" tag to a post?

Everywhere! closed.jpg

This is strange. I navigated to the same page as you "settings/subscriptions" but none of the threads I see are closed. I can't see the closed message anywhere.
I get a slightly different view of Edaboard to you because I have moderator privileges but it still looks very similar.
I will ask the other moderators to view this thread and see what they say.

Brian.

Do you see closed status also in other views than "Subscription"? If, do you see it when not logged in to Edaboard?

Hi,

I have not seen this with my account.
Don't know what happens.

Klaus

Re: "Closed" thread

Well, how about that? I logged out and didn't see the "closed" tags. Then when I logged back, they were still gone! Problem fixed! I should have known--the universal fix: turn it off-then turn it on again!

Now, if I only knew how to mark the thread "solved"...

- - - Updated - - -

NO!!!! They're back again!!! That didn't last long.

I also don't see this behaviour.

Just guessing, but have you tried clearing all the edaboard cookies while logged out? Can't hurt anything to try this and see if it corrects the problem.

I used to see this a lot - not so much recently - i.e. all threads looked closed.

NO!!!! They're back again!!! That didn't last long.
This looks like an Edaboard respectively vBulletin board software bug. Definitely a problem dedicated to administrators.

Barry, are your time and date settings regular?

This looks like an Edaboard respectively vBulletin board software bug. Definitely a problem dedicated to administrators.

Barry, are your time and date settings regular?
Yes. This happens on my desktop, laptop and iPad, and different browsers, so it’s apparently something to do with my account.

Barry, please log out completely, remove any Edaboard cookies and restart your browser so as far as the board is concerned you are an unregistered visitor. Let us know if the same happens.

[update] I checked your user data and the only thing that looks out of place is your location is recorded as USA but your time zone is GMT+1. You are configured to subscribe to all threads without notification, I'm not sure if that makes a difference, my own settings are not to subscribe automatically at all.

Brian.

Logged out. Deleted cookies. Fixed time zone. Don’t know how to change subscription action. But same problem still exists.

Settings (upper right next to logout) -> my account (left panel) -> General settings -> Default thread subscription mode.

Settings (upper right next to logout) -> my account (left panel) -> General settings -> Default thread subscription mode.

The “My Account “ field has a padlock on it. I can’t select it.

You should still be able to click on the sub-categories under "My Account" and change settings.

I just tried to unsubscribe your threads but even the moderators are blocked from editing users accounts, I can change your setting in the user control panel but it doesn't get saved.

Brian.

Experiencing the same issue here.

Capture.PNG

I turned off subscriptions, and it seemed ok for a while, but it’s back again. Seems it re-occurred after somebody responded to a thread I had previously responded to,(this one, actually)

Status
Not open for further replies.