Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

close loop pwm class d design problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

st01liyp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to desing a pwm class d PA, i think the open loop is no good, so i want to design a close loop class d.

the problem is: I want to know how the hormonic distortion comes up(I guess it caused by alias), and how the loop suppresses this distortion?
Any one know this ? or any book mentions this?

dead time, power pump,finite swith ron, quantization error....................to many causes

In close loop form, I think the swithing wave form would come into the PWM modulator, which would cause aliasing, may be this is the overwhelming source of distortion, I guess.

I am not sure about how to design the loop. Is there any good articles would help?
thanks!

in close loop form

st01liyp,
The 27th AES International Conference is devoted entirely to the topic "Efficient Audio Power Amplification". Copies of the proceedings can be obtained by visiting h**p://www.aes.org.
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.