Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clocks in extracted timing libs

Status
Not open for further replies.

honey13

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am using pt for STA. In my design there is one Analog phy, i was provided an .lib file of the hard macro. During my sta i read that file using read_lib.
But the clocks that were in the phy are not available to my current design.

Do I need to redefine that phy clocks in my design? Is there any other approach to read the extracted timing models. My script is as follows:

set link_library tcbnxxx (&other libraries)
read_verilog temp.v
read_lib analog_lib.lib (hard macro)

Warning: Line 32715, Cell 'MADEF', There is a sequential timing arc with the
clkin1 non-clock pin for a related_pin attribute. (LBDB-30)
Warning: Line 32757, Cell 'MADEF', There is a sequential timing arc with the
clkin2 non-clock pin for a related_pin attribute. (LBDB-30)

clkin1 and clkin2 are the clocks in hard macro, do i need to define them again when i am integrating that phy into my design.

Provided .lib file is also generated by pt

Someone help me plz

Warning: Line 32757, Cell 'MADEF', There is a sequential timing arc with the
clkin2 non-clock pin for a related_pin attribute. (LBDB-30)

Why does the warning say that clkin2 is a non clock pin?? Did you check the attribute on that pin to make sure that it is defined as clock.

Hi Jeevan,

I resolved that Warning. But still i am not able to get the clocks those are in .libs to my current design. Do i need to redclare them again? How i can make those clocks available to my design.

I dont think you need to define the clocks again. The clocks defined must be taken by the timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back