Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clocks from same source, need any constraints ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbichie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Cochin/ Kerala/ India or Bangalore/ Karnataka/ Ind
Activity points
Hi All,

I am using Xilinx Virtex7 FPGA for my design and tool using is xilinx Vivado.
In my design there are signals which are driven by CLKA domain and going to CLKB domain and vice verse.
But CLKB is twice the freq as CLKA and both are coming from same source PLL.
So whether I should give any constraints in this case?

Unless otherwise specified, as being asynchronous, all clocks are considered synchronous in Vivado. So timing will be considered between CLKA and CLKB domains.

Regards

Hi ads-ee,

Thank you for your reply.

I have grouped the CLKA and CLKB in the same group when I give asynchronous group constraints ("set_clock_group -asynchronous -group {CLKA CLKB} -group {CLKC}").
So my doubt is whether I am missing any other constraints between CLKA and CLKB domains.

Shouldn't be any other constraints required between CLKA and CLKB if you specified the PLL input clock constraint correctly. Vivado should create generated clocks for the output of the PLL. My advice check the timing reports for unconstrained paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back