Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock problem with MSP430

Status
Not open for further replies.

wholx

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fll working in msp430

hi!

I need to generate a precise 110hz signal within MSP430. is this possible?

hi,
yes it is possible but it would also depend on additional circuitry used with msp430 some fluctuations are bound to happen.
pimr

You must use one precise clock source for the microcontroller like high frequency crystal or clock crystal (MSP uC have two options), then, You must set the peripherals clock source and use the ccr peripheral for generate the square wave at 110Hz. Other option it´s possible using the pwm...easy way!

Gorkin...

HI

An answer to you question depnd on the crystal you are using

If you are using the 32.768KHz crystal you will need to use the FLL in order to create an acuurate frequency

You can use FLL hardware on the MSP430F4xx and FLL software on the MSP430F1xxx

For FLL software and hardware demo see TI site lot of example in ASM and C language

All the best

Bobi

Hi

I have one solution based on MSP430F1232 with high frecuency cristal of 8 MHz. If you didn't finished yet I can post it.

Best regards.

hi

as far as i got you wright, you simply need to setup a software timer based on for example the basic timer which runs with ACLK. just devide the 32kHz till you got your 110Hz. This will result in an error about 4°/oo. If you need a more precision you need an other cristall.

mspler...

Status
Not open for further replies.