Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clock Duty Cycle Correction Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachinagg77

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
duty cycle correction circuit

I intend to design a "Clock Duty Cycle Correction Circuit" that can handle input clocks with duty cycle ranging from 20% to 80% and output a clock with 50% duty cycle [with a tolerance of 1%].

Another important requirement for the circuit is LOW JITTER performance as this circuit is meant for providing clock to high performance ADC.

I would be grateful if anyone could inform me about some relevenat reference to start the design.

Thank You
Sachin

duty cycle corrector

hi Sachin,
I once read two papers about clock duty cycle cerrection, one is
G J.Maneatis, "Low jitter process-independant DLL and PLL based on self-biased techniques", JSSC VOL.31.NO11,1996.
the other is
J.Lee," A low-noise fast-lock phase-lock phase-locked loop with adaptive bandwidth control,JSSC VOL35.NO8,2000.
hope this will help.

ENJOY!
Jeff.yan

sachinagg77

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
duty cycle correction

If you can provide a clock at twice the frequency, then a simple flip-flop would do the trick nicely.
Otherwise you may consider the use of a PLL, whose oscillator provides a 50% duty-cycle. Alternatively, the PLL can run at twice the speed and the output can again be divided by two using a FF, for 50% duty-cycle.

sachinagg77

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
duty-cycle correction circuit

Thank you JFYAN for the links.

Thanks VVV for the suggestions. I forgot to mention in my original message that the clock frequency required is 110MHz. As I do not have a PLL that can provide a low jitter output at this frequency, I use a crystal generator to generate the clock. Although the output of crytal generator has 50% duty cycle, it degrades on its way to the actual data converter [due to board imperfections etc]. Any further suggestions are welcome.

With Regards
Sachin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back