Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clk synchronization in Pipeline ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahshidkardan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a 10-bit pipeline ADC and now I am trying to arrange gain stages around the clk generator(on the layout) in a way that the stages which should be synchronized, receive the clk at the same time. I do not know how much latency causes the distance between clk and gain stages on the layout and if this distance can affect the clk synchronization or not. I did not find any document on the web related to this problem. Would you please let me know about it if you have any information or references?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Or you can use a metal layout to do post-sim to get the delay.

Thank you for your note. Actually I know how I can simulate it. But I can not find any reference or publication about how the layout distances can affect the clk synchronization on Pipeline ADC and if there is any solution or arrangement for it. Do you know any related document?

sorry. I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back