Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clarify a "An ADPLL Cicruit Using a DDPS for GENLOCK Applications" paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadedfox

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,, is it possible to design pll(VCO part) using cadence virtuoso tool and then extract a verilog code of the VCO design for a fpga implementation...
i read in 1 paper the same way a vco design was done and then a VHDL code was extracted from some analog design tool for fpga implementation..

dpll design

jadedfox said:
hi,, is it possible to design pll(VCO part) using cadence virtuoso tool and then extract a verilog code of the VCO design for a fpga implementation...
i read in 1 paper the same way a vco design was done and then a VHDL code was extracted from some analog design tool for fpga implementation..

Hi,

Could you please upload the paper or at least tell us its title/autors ?

Thanks.

vhdl dpll

AN ADPLL CIRCUIT USING A DDPS FOR GENLOCK APPLICATIONS
authors- Dorin Emil Calbaza, Ioan Cordos, Nigel Seth-Smith and Yvon Savaria

verilog dpll

jadedfox said:

I read your paper and I found only these sentences:

"Fig. 7 presents a micrograph of the active area of the Genlock
Chip. The NCXO was custom designed as an analog block, and
a VHDL model that emulates its functionality was created. The
other parts of the ADPLL were coded in VHDL and simulated
in combination with the NCXO’s VHDL model. The circuit was
synthesized and was fabricated in 0.18μm standard CMOS
technology"

In fact only the NCXO is really analog. The autors wrote manually a VHDL discription of this component in order to emulate its function . They didnt extract VHDL like you understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back