Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clarification required : Relation between bandwidth and tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishnu36

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was referring to the link https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/application-notes/75731446AN264.pdf

I read it throrougly, still I could not understand the relation between bandwidth and tracking. While Bandwidth is a small signal phenomena, tracking rate must be a large signal phenomena and should depend on slew rate of the controller. Want to get clarification if this is true. Also relation between resolution, BW, tracking rate and settling time. Will more settling time alter the tracking rate? Does tracking rate not depend on bandwidth itself?

Discussion settling time = f(BW, Slew Rate) -

Tracking, one can think of limits to track due to BW in the small signal case, and in large signal case
the sl;ew rate becomes dominant issue where tracking is temporarily "disconnected" from control
loop.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

So can we have large tracking rate for small bandwidth?

What was it I said that led you to that conclusion ?

Regards, Dana.,

This was my confusion. Can we have a factor of how much Tracking rate would it be possible to achieve for a given bandwidth?

There are solutions for tracking in PLLs, for various loop filters. But
I do not have a clue for converters if all the same apply, because the PLL
phase detector highly non linear.

You might consider posting on Analog Devices web site for this guidance.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back