Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clarification on FFT via DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to know something about DSP's in general. Suppose I am using a DSP to do a FFT. Once I get the frequency domain representation of signal what are some practical things I can do with the frequency domain signal I just generated? What is most commonly done with the frequency domain signal?

Also why is it better to change the signal from the time domain to the frequency domain?

I prefer a practical answer.

FFT's have a great number of uses.

Generate quadrature signals from single input for Hilbert transform AM detector.
Rolling butterfly interpolation of ADC sampled waveforms to fill in points between ADC sample points. Digital oscilloscope use this to reconstruct sampled waveform (known at sinX/X interpolation).

Just to name a couple of examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.