Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clamping circuit... plzzz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvnd5d

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
clamping circuit

hi all,
I want to design a clamping sort of circuit which would produce an output of 0V when the i/p to it is +5V and 5V when the input to it is 0V... the input is not a pure sine wave... its a sine-wavish pattern with a frequency of around 50-60hz...

can someone please suggest me a circuit.. plzzzzz....

thanks in advance...

Added after 1 hours 11 minutes:

hiii all... just to give you some more details about the circuit.. here it is.. the circit that I want to modify is an o/p stage(last stage) of the whole circuit I have..

the whole circuit consists of a vtg follower, the o/p of which is connected to RC filter and then to an instrumentation amp... However, the instrumentation amp produces an o/p of 5V when the i/p to the vtg follower is 0V... I want to design the o/p stage such that the o/p is 0V when the i/p is 0v and the o/p is 5V when the i/p is around 100 mV..

the i/p to vtg follower is a noise pattern which has a max magnitude of 130mV...
i want to amplify this signal so that I can send it to micro-controller circuit...

Can someone please help me.....:cry:

clamping ckts

I think that a high gain inverting amplifier or a high gain inverter can do this task for you.

clamping circuits

hii.. i did try tat.. did not work...
any prob with my ckt development??

Status
Not open for further replies.