Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circulator characteristic while lightning - question

Status
Not open for further replies.

veeraselvi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
circulator

i want to know about the circulator characteristic while lightning (high current ) will folw on that.

advance thanks for all

Re: circulator

This will produce very strong magnetic fields which might saturate the ferrite. If this occurs all three ports will be directly connected.

Thank you for your information . From this words, my understanding is i should provide lightning protector (inductor for that frequency ) to make it ground before the circulator. am i correct?

veeraselvi said:
Thank you for your information . From this words, my understanding is i should provide lightning protector (inductor for that frequency ) to make it ground before the circulator. am i correct?

I think that lightning protector will protect your aparatus from antenna static charge, not from lightning. And I am not confident if in microwaves (when using dishes) the antenna can be charged, I guess not...

Hello ,

Thank you very much for that answer
I am doing 100W receiver design. The receiver signal first will enter in my board through the circulator. I am in need to provide lightning protector in my design.

can any body suggest the things behind this

What fo you mean by "100W receiver"? please specify

I have to protect the transmitter leakage of 100W while transmitting the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back