Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circular waveguide...Model Attached...Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rf engineer

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear freinds,

I have modeled a simple CWG that can operate between 48 to 52 GHZ.
Its radius is 2.05mm and Length is 18.15 mm.

Please find the attached model.

I just run the ports only solution and found that my E field patterns are tilted for both the ports....which yield very bad S parameters.

Please let me know where I am wrong and how can I align my modes / e field lines with respect to the integration lines.

best regards

Sandhu

Dear friends

I have solved the problem, by checking "Polarize E fields" in the excitation menu....the fields are get alligned and giving good S parameters........

But now I want to know, what is the Port Imepdance on which the HFSS has calculated the S parameters...... I mean if the S parameters are varying with frequency.......and S11 seem very good at a particular frequency...which means it is matched at only that port........

So how can I get that impedance analysis.....???

Thanks

Added after 14 minutes:

I am using both HFSS 9 and HFSS 12....

So can any body tell me, that how can we use the "Polarized E Field" of HFSS 9 option in HFSS 12.

I cannot find it in HFSS 12, and simulating the same model in HFSS 12 is giving the bad results................

Please see the attached model for HFSS 12 and its port field distribution figure...

Thanks

The kecbackbencher's result is right. I have not got your ideal, the polarization of E makes no differences for circular waveguide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back